2017 House League Coach Registration Form
Registration for HHMBA House League Coaches.
If you are interested in volunteering as a House League coach, please fill out this form and you will be contacted by HHMBA about possible coaching positions.
Coaches Code Of Conduct – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
I, understand that as an HHMBA Team Manager/Coach, I am ultimately accountable for the orderly and legal conduct of practices and games played by this team, both at home and out of town. In addition, in cooperation with the manager and/or other coaches of this team, I promise:
• To ensure that all players are officially registered with the HHMBA. Under no circumstances will players be allowed to participate if not so registered for this team.
• Players & Coaches in uniform must refrain from using tobacco products during all games. Smoking is prohibited in all Halton Hills parks and alcohol and drugs are prohibited at any HHMBA event or site.
• To refrain from any conduct that could in any way be deemed as harassment of the game officials. Any question of interpretations of rules will be handled in a courteous and professional manner.
• To ensure that all equipment and property of the HHMBA is treated with due care and with regard for safety and all equipment owned by the HHMBA will be returned at any time when requested by the HHMBA
• To teach the players on my team to play fairly and to respect the rules, the officials, their opponents and their teammates.
• To ensure all players on my team receive equal instruction, support and appropriate, fair playing time.
• To not ridicule or verbally abuse the players on my team for making mistakes or performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
• To ensure that the equipment and facilities are safe and match the ages and abilities of the players on my team.
• To remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and will set a good example.
• To treat other coaches, players, umpires and all other participants with respect. I will not engage in any verbal or physical behavior that is offensive, derogatory or abusive to any participant. If I have a disagreement with another participant, I will observe the 24 hour cooling off period and raise the question or issue in an appropriate, non-threatening way.
I recognize that according to the HHMBA by-laws, the President has the authority to “suspend any participant or member whose conduct is deemed to be improper, unbecoming or likely to endanger the interest or reputation of the Association, or who willfully commits a breach of the Constitution or by-laws of the Association”.
I understand that the failure to comply with the above promises and statements of understanding will result in my immediate suspension, pending a Regulatory Committee hearing as provided for in the HHMBA Rules and Regulations.
Release and Discharge (Please Read Carefully and Check Below)
In consideration of accepting the above-mentioned person, I grant him/her permission to participate in the Halton Hills Minor Baseball Association (HHMBA) program(s). For the same consideration, I hereby release and forever discharge the Halton Hills Minor Baseball Association, its Officers, Directors, Conveners, Coaches, Umpires or other Officials and the Town of Halton Hills from all claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of action arising or to arise by any reason because of my son’s/daughter’s participation in any HHMBA program, in this or any successive year(s), including (but without limiting the generality of the foregoing) any and all dental and medical bills and further of and from all claims or demands whatsoever in law or in equity which I, my heirs, executors, administrators or assignors can, shall or may have by reason aforesaid.
I further agree to abide by the rules, regulations and bylaws of HHMBA, and consent to the use of any and all private information herein provided in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act in this year or any successive years of participation.